We can custom manufacture any size of step bolt to any type of A394 Bolt you require.
We can supply and manufacture Tower bolts ranging in diameter from ½” – 1” and to any length that you require.
We can supply Tower bolts and Step bolts that will pass Charpy V-Notch testing that are required for certain specific projects.
|Nominal Size, in||Minimum Tensile Load, lbp|
|Type 0B||Types 1 and 3C|
Tensile stength based on the thread stress area A is calculated as follows:
where D = nominal Diameter, and
N = threads per inch.
B Based on 74,000 psi unit tensile strength.
C Based on 120,000 psi unit tensile strength.
A394 Tower Bolts come in the following Types/grades:
- Type 0 – Hot-dip zinc coated bolts made of low or medium carbon steel
- Type 1 – Hot-dip zinc coated bolts made of medium carbon steel, quenched and tempered
- Type 2 – Withdrawn in 2005
- Type 3 – Bare (uncoated). quenched and tempered bolts made of weathering steel
THE MOST COMMON TOWER BOLT USED IS TYPE 1
Unless otherwise specified, all nuts on these bolts shall be hex style and conform to the requirements of Specification A563; See below for bolt nut combinations.
Bolt Type Nut Grade Finish
0 A hot-dip zinc-coated
1 DH hot-dip zinc-coated
3 DH3 plain
- Suitable washers for use with Type 0 are hot-dip zinc-coated carbon-steel washers with dimensions that are in accordance with Specification F436.
- Suitable washers for use With Type 1 bolts are hot-dip zinc- coated Type 1 hardened-steel washers that are in accordance with Specification F436.
- Suitable washers for use with Type 3 bolts are Type 3 hardened-steel washers that are in accordance with Specification F436.